Other Entries by Jose Fuentes VB MVP (from psc cd)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 19 of 19 found
  Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

Active Directory ViewerActive Directory ViewerVB.NETAdvanced /
Jose Fuentes VB MVP (from psc cd)
2746 since
1/1/2015 9:54:00 PM

By 4 Users

This project is just to show how to navagate though the active directory in an AD enabled network. You can get any peice of information using these techniques. Active Directory is a very complex animal and as you will see it can go pretty deep and get to ...(description truncated)

Authenticate UserAuthenticate UserVB.NETIntermediate /
2416 since
1/1/2015 9:17:00 AM

By 13 Users

Oh the horror of trying to find a way to do something so simple. Sometimes I think people try to make things more complex then they need be. NO API NO ADVAPI32.DLL NO Kernnl32.DLL no unmanaged code Pure .Net framework AD networks only "Active directory". ...(description truncated)

Auto Complete combo BoxAuto Complete combo BoxVB.NETIntermediate /
2047 since
1/1/2015 3:35:00 AM

By 7 Users

Have you ever wanted an auto complete on your combo box well here it is. I have posted this before but it was my first time and the formating was all messed up. So now it's in a working project.

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

Auto insert Guid DatatableAuto insert Guid DatatableVB.NETAdvanced /
3808 since
1/2/2015 9:49:00 AM

By 2 Users

Ok, I ran into a problem, MS out of some odd wisdom didn't do as you would think with the defaultvalue of a data column. you would think it so simple right? In a database such as SQL server you can set the default value to a function, I can do this with a ...(description truncated)

Check ConnectionCheck ConnectionVB.NETIntermediate /
1929 since
1/1/2015 9:26:00 AM

By 9 Users

Check for internet connection lan connection connection type and so on. This project uses an API, if somone knows a better way please let me know. I had this code laying around in VB6 that I once downloaded from PSC but can't find the authors name. I conv ...(description truncated)

Contorls In datagridContorls In datagridVB.NETIntermediate /
2207 since
1/1/2015 3:45:00 AM

By 12 Users

This example will allow you to learn how to create tablestyles as well as column styles for a data grid. It also show's you just one Technique of how to have controls such as Combo boxes date time pickers check boxes and so on embeded in the data grid. Al ...(description truncated)

Control Designer InfoControl Designer InfoVB.NETAdvanced /
1832 since
1/2/2015 2:38:00 AM

By 3 Users

Ok simply put, this is how to get that link to show up in the bottom of the properties window in VS.Net. You know, for example drag a datagrid onto the form and look at it's properties, you will notice an autoformat link at the bottom. Well there is very ...(description truncated)

Form Designer BasicsForm Designer BasicsVB.NETAdvanced /
1740 since
1/1/2015 7:41:00 PM

By 5 Users

This sample shows you how to drag and drop controls onto a form at runtime (thereby creating a runtime form designer) and how to move the controls around as well as resize them.

Forms in DLL'sForms in DLL'sVB.NETBeginner /
3690 since
1/1/2015 2:51:00 AM

By 3 Users

Have you ever wanted to build UI components to be used everywhere well you can build them in a DLL and use them everywhere. "note this was possible without tricks in vb6"

Get Mac AddressGet Mac AddressVB.NETIntermediate /
6295 since
1/1/2015 6:31:00 AM

By 7 Users

Several useful functions Get the host name via an IP address Get the IP address via a Host Name Get the MAC address of a computer via a IP address enjoy Also to note is a useful function to get the current computers Mac address as well as IP address and ...(description truncated)

Load and unload AssembliesLoad and unload AssembliesVB.NETAdvanced /
1735 since
1/2/2015 2:15:00 AM

By 13 Users

Ok what this example does is load a DLL that has a form called Form1 (yea I know that isn't creative) and show it to the user. Then you can unload the DLL and it unlocks the DLL. You see when using the createinstance of an assembly it will load that insta ...(description truncated)

Log ItLog ItVB.NETBeginner /
1627 since
1/1/2015 3:37:00 AM

By 5 Users

Logs Messages to a file. This is to show some basic ways to use the streamwriter and I find it useful for keeping track of what a user does. I have a switch to turn it off or on but that's external and not in this project. So enjoy.

Run Code from stringRun Code from stringVB.NETAdvanced /
2578 since
1/1/2015 4:07:00 PM

By 40 Users

You can now save a whole class in a field of a table and call it and run it. This code will provide the answers of how to turn a string into code that runs. kind of like Scripting your application though much more powerfull

Sample Data ApplicationSample Data ApplicationVB.NETIntermediate /
2659 since
1/2/2015 1:05:00 PM

By 7 Users

This sample will show how to do a simple applicaiton that uses an SQL database table. It shows how to navigate the records as well as how to add, edit,delete and update. It also shows a nice way to pass datasets along to be used in search screens (lookups ...(description truncated)

Simple Multi Thread ExampleSimple Multi Thread ExampleVB.NETIntermediate /
2027 since
1/2/2015 8:46:00 AM

By 4 Users

I've had a few people come to me with how to do multi treading. I've looked around PSC and there are plenty of projects that have multi-threading but none solely for multi-threading. So I did up a simple multi-threading console application that passes dat ...(description truncated)

Stock TrackerStock TrackerVB.NETAdvanced /
1937 since
1/1/2015 10:14:00 PM

By 3 Users

This sample shows how to use some of the HTTP classes to get data from a web site. The code could be used for so many different things, but in this example it is used to get stock info from Yahoo. When you start it up it will get the stock info per spec t ...(description truncated)

System Tray Notify IconSystem Tray Notify IconVB.NETBeginner /
2591 since
1/1/2015 7:14:00 AM

By 7 Users

Shows a simple way of how to use the Notify Icon control. Includes a simple timer that changes the icon every second so that it appears to be flashing. Simple code for simple project unlike some of the hairy code I found on PSC for doing the same thing in ...(description truncated)

Validate Data GridValidate Data GridVB.NETIntermediate /
2186 since
1/2/2015 2:31:00 AM

By 8 Users

This shows how to validate the contents of a datagrid per row, per column. This allows you to check the value of what the user changed\inserted in the desired column. It will show an error icon as well as fill the tool tip. though I have yet to figure out ...(description truncated)

Word ADDinWord ADDinVB.NETIntermediate /
1279 since
1/1/2015 11:43:00 AM

By 2 Users

This is a sample of how to make a word add in, This also shows how to interface with the current active document as well, like how to add merge fields or document variables. You also see a simple drag drop.

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 19 of 19 found

Compatibility Filter Profile:

C#
VB.NET
ASP.NET
C++.NET