MATRIX FALL X 3D (matrix effect in 3D)

Email
Submitted on: 1/7/2015 3:34:00 AM
By: NoRabbit (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 14 Users
Compatibility: C++ (general), Microsoft Visual C++
Views: 4122

hi ! This is my version of the matrix effect in 3D (the falling characters) I previously submited an other version coded in visual basic (Matrix Fall 3D). I thought it would be a good idea to make the jump from vb to c++ while attempting to do the same in c++ The code is entirely commented (in french, sorry for the others...) It uses "libpng" and "zlib" but you don't need to have them installed. All the source code of these libs are included in the archive. This code demonstrates how to : create a window, use OpenGl, load textures from PNG and BMP directly to opengl, create basics geometry and use texture coordinate easily, use display list, use billboarding, make a basic animation engine, use the camera, create classes, ... The complete rar is also available from wy website : http://www.open-design.be/dev/Matrix Fall X source.rar

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 1 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

7/13/2016 11:06:52 AMAnders

Hi,
This looks interesting! How can I import this solution into Visual Studio 2015?
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

1/13/2017 4:19:38 PMTony

This is the best Matrix animation I have come across, and it's not a screensaver! Very well done

I noticed some kind of memory leak if it runs for a long time (week maybe?). The animation starts to stutter. Oddly enough, exiting the program and starting it again still stutters, and I have to restart the PC to get it running smoothly again

Also, when I run it on a particular computer (windows 8), the resolution doesn't seem to return to normal after exiting. Any ideas what the cause could be? It works fine on a different Win7 computer

Thanks for this, I love using for spare displays in our labs, or when bigger displays are not in use. Always gets people looking and asking about it

Feel free to email me at beeblebrux@gmail.com if you'd like to discuss the feedback above. I'd also be interested in playing with the code myself, but am unsure how to setup my project and build the exe

Have a nice day!
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.