JASON'S QUEST - Version 3.0

Email
Submitted on: 3/25/2019 5:02:53 AM
By: Takaten  
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 2 Users
Compatibility: VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0
Views: 1609

Version 3 of my platform game. Again, thanks for all suggestions and feedbacks. Some have now been implemented. A big thank to Trent. Because of the new features, the older versions of the game and editor ar not more compatibles. The Editor is not more available here now. Check the screenshot! What's new in Version 3: Each Level has now it's own optimized background instead of the black screen. All sprites have transparent background to fit the game background. More characters, more objects and levels. Few bugs fixed.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Beginner category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

3/25/2019 5:53:26 AMTrent Jackson

Hey this person is gifted just like me. Love the graphics Tak. 5 Star.
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

3/25/2019 8:25:59 AMGerry

Much better now with background. But now it's flickering a little bit if you run. By the way, great improvement. The Editor????

3/25/2019 8:56:45 AMTrent Jackson

GDI+ in .NET is totally in sync with the screen's refresh rate. So there is absolutely no flicker at all. C# is just such a lovely language. The OOP nature of Java and .NET just makes so much sense. I do find that if I increment / shift animated sprites around the screen at the wrong rate (say a large 10 pixel move at 50 FPS) -- regardless of programming language the sprite will flicker.

3/25/2019 9:03:53 AMTrent Jackson

I am actually keen to read the code for this. I should download. how many FPS (Frames Per Second) is this running at?

3/26/2019 2:54:29 AMTrent Jackson

OK. Read through the code and spent 64mS playing the game (I make games but I do not play them) I see that the tiles are 45 x 45 pixel and the player increments and decrements horizontally or vertically at this size step. So my point is that there will always be some degree of flicker. This is not an arcade game, but rather how PC games used to be in the good 'ol DOS days of the 80's Nice work Tak. Now I will vote 5*

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.