winzip icon

Flash Graph Generator

Email
Submitted on: 1/6/2015 5:25:00 AM
By: Anil Kumar (from psc cd)  
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 5 Users
Compatibility: ASP (Active Server Pages)
Views: 876

This uses flash to generate bar graphs dynamically without having to install any server side programs. This just requires you to embed this tiny flash movie in your web page and it takes data from a text file or an asp page and shows an animated bar graph. You can refresh the graph without having to reload the entire page. ---------------------------------------------- I am including the flash source file (.fla) so that you can tinker with it and add all the features that I haven't. Right now this only draws the graph - I haven't added the x and y axes titles. Also, the movie plays in the 'high quality' mode which can make the animation slow. You could modify it to play in low or medium quality by default, or just use the quality selector. -------------------------------------------- The bar graphs currently use an animated bar with an 'aqua' look. Remove the animation if you don't like it, or just replace the symbol with a bar of your own. --------------------------------------------- I have included two sets of files - one that takes data from a text file and one that takes data from an asp page. Check "readme.txt" in the zip file for details. ----------------------------------------------- This is just a framework, so I'm sure it can be improved a lot. For one, it could use an XML data input instead of the URL encoded input it uses right now. ----------------------------------------------- If I get the time, I shall add the capability to draw curves and pie charts and also change the input to XML. Contact me if you need any explanation of the fla file. Happy tinkering! NOTE: THIS REQUIRES FLASH 5. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO READ THE FILE OTHERWISE. FLASHPLAYER 5 OR ABOVE REQUIRED TOO.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 3 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.