article

A Bumper Icon Pack !!! Windows XP Icons for use in VB!

Email
Submitted on: 2/9/2015 12:51:00 PM
By: Paul Nicholls (from psc cd)  
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 27 Users
Compatibility: VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 6.0, VBA MS Access, VBA MS Excel
Views: 5406

This would appear to be the biggest single collection of Windows icons on the internet. I looked everywhere for versions of the Windows Xp icons that I could use in my VB projects, all over the web and found very little. So I gave up and did it myself. Included in this download are OVER 800 ICONS FILES.

This article has accompanying files

This would appear to be the biggest single collection of Windows icons on the internet. I looked everywhere for versions of the Windows Xp icons that I could use in my VB projects, all over the web and found very little. So I gave up and did it myself. Included in this download are OVER 800 ICONS FILES.
All icons are set up to work within VB. I think I got every Windows XP icon there is, and more. There are toolbar icons matching those used in Outlook Express, IE and Windows Explorer all ready for use in VB. All files are kept to one format per icon - which is how VB likes them. Normally one ico file hold 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48 all in severaldifferent colour resolutions. These icons are all 256 or 16.1M colours which are all VB supports (WinXP uses new 24/32bit alpha - but VB dosn't support this).
There is some code included, but only to demonstrate the icons. Its an image thuimbnail browser, patched together from PSC submissions.
I appreciate this isn't really a 'code' submission however it is undoubtedly of great use to any VB programmer, preparing these icons took *lots* of my time and I would appreciate a little feedback and acknowledgement for my hard work.
If you want more Icons do let me know, these are just most of my Windows XP ones - I have more for ME/98.
I would have posted a screenshot, but thought why? After all we all know what Windows Icons look like.

winzip iconDownload article

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this article (in the Beginner category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.