FLAT DATABASE SYSTEM

Email
Submitted on: 1/4/2015 10:22:00 PM
By: Divyen Patel (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 10 Users
Compatibility: C++ (general)
Views: 1555

In the database system I have combined both of the advantages of structure and class. In the application I have placed all the links ands nodes in structure part and other information in the class part so that it can be separated from the functions used inside the class as public member and other variables used in the function as private part of the class. Create function used in the program is used to create the new database it will ask user to enter new database name and if it is already exists then it will again ask to enter the name. Then in the same create function it will ask the number of table in the database and the field information in the table. Datatype of each and every field is stored as the number. Each and every Datatype has given a specific number. To make the application simpler I have just divided it in to number of include files that I have placed in the TC\BIN\INCLUDESDirectory. For the find function I have used find.h file. It can search the record on the base of the primary key. For the delete function I have used delete.h file. It has the same logic as find is first of all search the record on the base of primary key and then delete that record from the file of that table. For the append function I have used append.h file. It will ask you to enter the table name and according to the table name fields of that record is displayed on the screen and data can be appended by inserting records at that place. Display logic is placed in the display.h file. It will ask you to enter table name and records of that table will be displayed on the screen.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 4 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.