Important alert: (current site time 7/28/2014 4:07:21 AM EDT)

winzip icon

Quick Stock Quoter 3.0

Email
Submitted on: 1/7/2000
By: zaid (ICQ#: 49732561) 
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 4 Users
Compatibility: VB 5.0, VB 6.0
Views: 31057

This is the same updated version of Quick Quoter stock control. This control get you 17 diffrent types of stock information onece u give the sybol to get for. It also gets 4 diffrent types of graphs from yahoo. Please vote for me ONLY if you like it! Please note that the new version of this i have included a sample use of it. AND ITS OPEN SOURCE!!!! what else???

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Other 14 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

1/9/2000 11:24:51 AMEugene

There should be a rating 'Beyond Excellent'
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

1/9/2000 7:59:36 PMBaltazar

How can i Search Multiple exchange servers
For example Toronto Montreal...
i tryed to add combo box with list of 3 different exchange servers
but i doesn't work

I tryed something like this
QuickQuoter1.StockExchange = Combo2.Text

Can you Help

1/10/2000 3:32:17 AMn00bie

can you please repost with fixes? can't open code. thanks

1/18/2000 5:35:40 PMLoveThisCode

magnificenttt dude!!! keeep it up!!!

1/24/2000 9:31:06 AMIan Ippolito

If you're having problems running the code, don't forget to register:
quickQuoter2.0.ocx
using Regsvr32.exe !

1/26/2000 5:22:34 PMCedric d'Olivier

Thy skills art stupendous. Keep it up, I looketh fortward to seeing more great things from thee. I must flee, goodbye.

1/27/2000 4:03:31 AM.tOm

hi - seems like yahoo changed the urls for the
charts - i can't receive them.
will there be a fix?
.tOm

1/27/2000 5:26:05 AMZaid Farooqui

dude its working fine with me. it gets the graphs. tell me if u still have probs.

1/27/2000 4:41:49 PMian leff

Fairly cool... I'm not too sure that parsing html is the best way of getting quotes though. Any change in their formatting and your toast.

Include a setup for your control.

2/2/2000 5:23:59 AMZaid Farooqui(author)

hey your'll watch out for the weather control comming soon (uses the same technique as this).

2/3/2000 5:22:43 PMrokinroj

It looks like the yahoo links are dead
I cant even open them by typing the
url in Netscape or IE.
Still freakin awesome code though, we'll
just have to find a new URL to parse from
:->

Thanks for the free code man!!
rokinroj@jps.net

2/10/2000 11:06:22 PMjohn

can you please post the code to the OCX that you use?

2/16/2000 9:25:55 PMDonB

Trying to get it to work but I'm fairly new at VB. Hope I can run it.

2/24/2000 2:51:54 PMJJ

Hello, Can someone tell me if I can find some source code that could help me on a little project that handles Buy and Sell transactions using a Queue class in C++?
The program is for my personal use that I can also learn how to program better in C++. The idea of this program is that I can get a file input as text file:
1995,1,1,BUY,"FrontRunner NetNetNet Fund",50,10.00
1995,6,15,SELL,"FrontRunner NetNetNet Fund",20,5.00
1996,1,1,BUY,"FrontRunner NetNetNet Fund",50,20.00

Each line designates:
Date, month, day, transactiontype, "name of fund", # of share, price/share

This report could list and output a file that simulates a capital gain or loss for each ``SELL'' transaction for the tax year. There is a comparison made on the date. If the date difference is less than a year then it would calculate one type interest else if the date difference is greater than a year it calculates a different tax on the capital gain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
JJ

2/27/2000 10:14:58 PMKosta

I need someone to install this script on one asp page and to make it work.
I will pay you for this.
Let me know asap.
Thanks

3/15/2000 3:13:47 PMjim

very nice piece of code! when is the weather control coming? would love to see it!

4/10/2000 7:50:34 PMrokinroj

I have added some cool features to this prog. Such as a combobox in place of the old textbox, which can add and delete favorite ticker symbols. A winsock control to check your online status, a print feature in the chart window, some error checks, etc. It works pretty well. I would just repost it but Zaid did not want me to. So if you are intrested in any details email me at rokinroj@jps.net or icq 2354342

4/20/2000 10:01:44 PMplucky

excellent program. i'm fairly new in VB. So, excuse me for asking, where in the codes i can find the url that the program is taking the quotes from? lets say i would like to obtain quotes from another url, is this possible??Can anyone please assist me on this?thanks!plucky@thespark.com

4/26/2000 11:37:04 AMRokinroj

I have finished and uploaded my version of this program to PlanetSourceCode. I rewrote it without using Zaid's .ocx, so if anyone wants to check it out do a search for VBMarketWatch.
Thanks
Rokinroj

6/28/2000 12:49:23 PMChuck

I tried to run the EXE but got an error. "Component QuickQuoter 2.0 or one of its dependencies not correctly registered." This is after I went to DOS and did "regsvr32 QuickQuoter2.0.ocx". Perhaps regsvr32 was confused by the extra period.

8/13/2000 12:43:23 AMZaid Farooqui

Please register the OCX before running the EXEs.

11/30/2000 10:18:38 AMShua

The Volume does not seem to be reporting the colume of trades.

1/17/2005 1:34:38 AMcton

My name is Clifford. I am developing stock trading software and looking for consultant for my trading program.

If you are interested . Please contact me using MSN. My MSN contact ID is cliffton_1999@yahoo.com

Hope can chat with you over MSN.

Regards,

Clifford

1/27/2007 8:15:50 PMMatt DeKok

I keep getting "invalid procedure call or argument" error on "QuickQuoter1.GetQuote symbols"

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.