MP3 ID3V1.1/ID3V2.3.0 Tagger *UPDATE*

Email
Submitted on: 2/6/2015 3:35:00 PM
By: Kevin Wiegand (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 6 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 1276

This is a complete application that shows you how to: 1) Read an MP3 file to determine Bitrate, Length, Etc. 2) Read/Write ID3V1 1.1 Tags 3) Read/Write ID3V2 3.0 Tags. I was debating on whether or not to submit this code, but I decided to. Two small procedures were borrowed and modified from PSC code (SetBit, and CreateUnsyncInteger), other than that, all code is mine. In terms of ID3V2 3.0 tags, not all frames are supported, but the code is written to EASILY add other frame support. Also, this code will allow you to read/write the ID3V2 3.0 Lyrics and Picture Frames. This code also shows you how to allow multiple picture frames in the tag. While there may be some bugs left in this program, the read/write functionality has been incorporated via class files - making it easy to port this code into your application. If you like this code, please tell me! If you find a bug, I'd like to know as well. I hope someone out there can make use of this. As far as I can see, this is the most comprehensive ID3 tagger on VB PSC. It took me a decent amount of time to get this working, so please, comments (and votes) are welcome! ***I have updated the code to include a couple of bug fixes, and the ability to read/write Synchronized Lyrics as well!*** This is yet another update...all I did was update the SyncLyrics to allow you to insert the time from Winamp... Also, I am also submitting my WinAMP front so you can test the SyncLyrics as well, search for other submissions of mine, and you'll see it. I have updated yet once again! Now you can import LRC files! For those of you that don't know what an LRC file is - it's a Syncronized Lyric file...makes things a little easier I hope. Alos you can copy the lyrics back and forth between the Syncronized and UnSyncronized Lyrics!

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 4 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.