Important alert: (current site time 12/19/2014 4:15:14 PM EDT)

winzip icon

Register Winsck.ocx & Inet.ocx - Files included!

Email
Submitted on: 12/12/1999
By: Andrew A 
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 17 Users
Compatibility: VB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0
Views: 24622

This code will Install MSWinsock.ocx (Winsock) and MSINet.ocx (Internet Controls) and remove the crappy message about needing a license when adding the control(s) to the form! All done by a BatchFile. You do nothing but click on the batchfile!!! Its that easy! If you have had ANY ERRORS with these controls, or dont even have them, this well fix... DOWNLOAD NOW! Internet programmers MUST!

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Other 8 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Beginner category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

12/12/1999 4:16:46 AMDisco King

Andrew, I love you man! :-) I have been trying for 6 months to get the winsock and inet controls to work with vb6 learning edition! i called microsoft and they said it wont work unless i pay to upgrade to the pro version, and i am disabled and dont have that kind of money!
Thanks Andrew! This WORKS!
WOOHOO!

(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

12/12/1999 5:07:18 AMRazer (Author)

No problem Disco King, glad to help.
I dont like it how MS dont let you use winsock with learning edition, i know, i have the learning edition as well, if your into programming with the net (Like me) winsock and internet controls is a must!

12/12/1999 6:13:14 AMDisco King

yes, I had to have them for a project a while back that i got PAID in advance to do. It was a simple email checker that uses winsock. I did not know the learning edittion has these restrictions, as it does NOT say so anywhere on the box, teh documentation, nowhere! The first person at Microsoft I talked to didn't even know about this restriction. LOL! When i talked to the VB manager at MS, they told me to upgrade! They didnt care that i didnt have the money and have to work from home! Like i said, YOU have doen a good thing with this! If you ever have aorblem with MS for posting it, let me know and i will help get the word to the news sites about their doing this to people without telling them in the learning edition docs. Post more, if you got some!

12/12/1999 7:29:30 AMQuestion

Razer, one question, did you get the appropriate information for the controls (reg keys, etc.) from the registered versions of the controls themselves or did you run a reg monitoring program and install a pro version or something else?

12/12/1999 10:27:20 AMn

Great, only 1 bug. Regsvr32 looks first
in its directory for the files to
register so unless you run it from
\Windows it gets registered in the
wrong location. Copy file to \System
first, then register.

12/12/1999 2:15:58 PMafdgsf

I did not have that problem n, the only thing is that it assumes your windows dir is C:\windows...

12/12/1999 7:17:05 PMLP-S

Msinet.ocx doesnt need registration
Mswisck.ocx needs it, and the reg file to do it was posted in this site a long time ago, so Disco King, you didnt check this site?
I mean, this winsock registering problem has already been solved on this site a LONG time ago...
There's a little textbox on the left side of the browse, where you can type text. type "Register winsock" and then click search. You'll find the reg file im talkin about...

12/13/1999 2:10:44 AMRazer (Author)

LP-S, i know, but the first time i wanted the winsock control, i diddent even have it! So that is why i included the files, and some people had problems still after that. And MSInet.ocx DID need registering, it did for me anyway...

12/13/1999 5:17:24 PMAdam

Thanx for the registering program for msinet. I couldn't get it working. Thanks again.

12/15/1999 4:25:40 AMhjkhjk

GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/16/1999 9:02:16 PMRazer (Author)

No probem all.

12/17/1999 2:23:25 PMNyaller

Many thanks for this most generous offering!
I too am a programmer using VB6 Learning
Edition. I have been using SocketWrench
(free to download and use @ www.catalyst.com)
and converting all the winsock app to it. This
will make life sooooo much easier! BooHissHiss
to Micro$oft. I bought the learning edition
to learn, not to upgrade!

1/4/2000 10:46:54 PMJesse Alter

Not exactly VB code, but definately handy for VB programmers. Kudos!

1/23/2000 3:28:32 PMFrytas

I'm having a problem when I open an application. It says:

Can't (load or register) custom control: 'WINSCK.OCX'"

I have d/l'ed your app ,but it still doesn't work, can you please help?>

1/23/2000 6:24:23 PMRazer (Author)

Frytas, my program installs and registers WINSOCK.OCX, not WINSCK.OCX.
They are the same thing, its just that the people who made the program you are trying to run had it under a different filename...
Try this:
For it to register everyhting, do this:

* Open up 'Run me to install.bat' in edit mode (Right Click) and search for all entrys saying : MSWinsck.ocx
Change them to : Winsck.ocx

Save the file and exit...
In the directory where the file: MSWinsck.ocx is located with my App, rename it to Winsck.ocx.
Run 'Run me to install.bat' and hopefully it should work for you.

If you need any extra help, dont hesitate to contact me on andrewarmstrong@hotmail.com or ICQ# 14344635.

1/23/2000 10:52:32 PMFrytas

Nope, Still didn't work. I get the same thing.

1/24/2000 12:00:42 AMRazer (Author)

Frytas, E-Mail me your E-Mail address, and if you have one, your ICQ#. Of u dont have an E-Mail or ICQ#, post them here. And ill keep contacting you here.

It will be much easer.

1/27/2000 8:42:26 AMsub

thanx a million for this, I have vb5 EE a pirated edition and I've need the winsock control for a f*ck load of things, thanx again great code

2/3/2000 10:52:47 AMChris

Thank you very much. I love this code!!!!

2/3/2000 3:43:26 PMJustin Woodard

thanks for the code. it definately comes in use when you're cheap and have a $20 working model edition of vb that you came along with a sams book

3/9/2000 10:08:07 AMsthomps

I just used your batch file on the data bound grid. Great code! I had no problems, but I am curious about how it works. What exactly is the ocx.reg file? Is that something you wrote yourself? Did you write it in VB?

4/17/2000 8:02:47 AMAndrew Armstrong

Naa, that reg file is a Windows Registry file, EXPORTED. You can find it on this site by typing 'Register Winsock' in the search dialog...

4/18/2000 12:33:22 AMArgonaut

You don't need these progs, there is a MS Fix that will do that for you. MS didn't do that to stop people, it was a bug that is meant to be fixed when you load the service packs. You can get the fix at either MS or www.vbstuff.cjb.net

4/18/2000 12:34:27 AMArgonaut

You don't need to edit anything, there are fixes for these problems that were meant to be fixed if you downloaded the service packs. You can get the fixes from MS or www.vbstuff.cjb.net

4/18/2000 12:35:14 AMArgonaut

ops, sorry about the double post

4/18/2000 1:12:21 AMPlasma

If you are using a version of VB that dosent come with these, u will know what imm talking about...

4/18/2000 1:12:41 AMPlasma

If you are using a version of VB that dosent come with these, u will know what imm talking about... So you do need those files, if you diddent get them with VB...

6/3/2000 2:18:49 PMshindakun

thanks for the awesome post!!!!

6/8/2000 10:45:01 PMOmegaSDH

It's people like you who make things so much easyer for others, thanks alot!

6/17/2000 10:41:19 AMJ. Harman

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I found out that Learning Edition means you eventually learn it is missing some really cool things, Now open your wallet. I have been looking for these things for months. I wished I had found this site sooner.

7/1/2000 6:04:54 PMmate you rock!

Thank you for this!!! I dont often post on these things but my god this one deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/1/2000 9:04:48 PMvt

whoops sorry about that above,

+ When I try and use mswinsck.ock I need a file called c2.exe????? whats that all about?

8/20/2000 1:43:14 PMsassyboy

Thank You! I'v bene looking for this for almost...10 min hehe. I reinstalled VB and lost all my new ocx. and could not find this thanx.

8/21/2000 3:51:56 AMAndrew Armstrong

No problem :)

Plasma/Razor

8/21/2000 7:53:57 PMMichael Briggs

Great code! iv'e been tryin to make a chat program with winsock and it gave me a whole bunch of error's like i didnt have a license this helped me a lot great code!

9/15/2000 11:54:39 PMShaun

two words: THANK YOU! How can i make that emphisized engough...Ive been looking for these controls for at least a YEAR now!

11/14/2000 7:08:45 PMVeeJay

SPLEN-FCKIN'-DIFEROUS. FABULOUS. Thanx a shtload.

11/14/2000 7:09:26 PMVeeJay

SPLEN-F-U-CKIN'-DIFEROUS. FABULOUS. Thanx a sh-i-tload.

11/16/2000 12:45:57 AMPlasma

No problem mate :)

12/22/2000 1:16:37 AMgarymace

Thank you and Planet Source Code! Your post solved my problem with MSInet!! BTW, do you know if version 6 improved the cancel feature also? It seems to actually stop the execution quickly like I would expect now. Version 5 seemed to take a long time for the cancel to take effect. A bonus for me I guess!

2/24/2001 1:34:18 PMKAH

hmmm...I got those license errors even with my VB 5 Pro edition...but the Winsock version must've been upgraded with some app that I've downloaded, was stamped 1999

KAH

4/6/2001 9:42:13 PMProgrammer

Thank you! This is exactly what I need. Keep up the great work!

4/22/2001 2:12:06 AMDarek Dumon

Sorry i dont know what the Fuk is happening cuz i still get that homo error that i dont have the "the proper liscence"

7/29/2001 2:11:43 PMUltimatum

I thought you might like to know this... I was using Visual Basic 5 Learning Edition and I imported the ocx.reg, as well as regsvr32'ing the Mswinsck.ocx file. After closing and restarting Visual Basic, the "Learning Edition 5.0" splash screen suddenly changed to "Professional Edition 5.0", and ALL the project types became available and compiled properly. I know this isn't what you intended, but it WORKS. Consider it an added feature. THANK you! =)

7/29/2001 5:51:49 PMPlasma

Cool thanks for that Ultimatum! :)

8/26/2001 3:10:58 AMgh0ul

does not work on win 2k

10/14/2001 6:32:07 PMShawn

I had to make some fixes on the .bat file. If you're system directory is anything other than

8/14/2002 1:35:27 AM+TooLz@JN

You are the best man, You got my vote

3/13/2003 3:11:22 AM

Thank you very much :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9/24/2006 11:33:03 PMismael

yo man....nice work i guess...but its your method is all i need......how bout the other ocx's?......dbgrid32.ocx and the othes.....i hope u wont let me down into this, cause i need this ocx very badly....thnx and more power, intelligence and much power to more...

3/13/2012 4:45:51 PMKurt

I have been using the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6 in my software for 1 to 2 years with no issues. I’m using Visual Basic and I attached the control within the form of my program not a problem now for probably 2 years, but my system has been showing signs of register issues using other programs so I did a backup of my entire system making a backup image. Then I reformatted the drive and installed a new install of the same operating system that I just wiped out, XP Professional. The problem now is that when I go to do any work in my visual basic using any of my programs that have the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control I get the message “License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.” I tried your program CODE_UPLOAD48844172000 but it did not fix my problem. Can you assist me in this issue? Thank you.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.