winzip icon

Twenty-one PSC VB6 Projects Converted to VB 2005

Email
Submitted on: 1/4/2015 4:18:00 AM
By: Herbert N Swearengen III (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 8 Users
Compatibility: VB.NET
Views: 1710

I'm moving to Visual Basic 2005 exclusively from Visual Basic 6, except to maintain some older code. So I decided to clean out my collection of VB6 downloads from PSC either by deleting them or converting them. The ones in this download were the ones I decided to convert. Some took more time than others. Most of these are not complete applications because they lack error trapping, UI elements and the ability to save settings. But some are useful examples of certain techniques. Maybe you will find something in this collection that is useful. The programs are: A ListView example, Add All Files in Folder to ListBox, Add Contacts To Microsoft Outlook, Ascii Key Code Finder, Bubble Sort Routine, Calculation Julian to Gregorian and back, Change Desktop Styles in XP, Conversion Dates, Convert number to word, Converter for Binary, ASCII, Hex and Decimal, Credit Card Validator, Decimal To Roman, Distance Between Two Zip Codes, Empty Your Recycle Bin, Encryptor Decryptor, Julian Date Converter, Look Up Internet Country Codes, Opening and CLOSING a cd-tray, Simple Text to Speech Program, System Status 2.0, Unique Serial Number Protection Version 2.0, and View Windows XP CD Key. (Please note that this an updated version. I added some missing data files, added a couple of readmes where it was not obvious to all that a reference had to be set, and removed three programs that proved unreliable.) Please note that I did not write any of the original code. These programs are presented as examples of conversion from VB6 to VB 2005 only.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 21 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.