article

Compiling .java files with right click (windows)

Email
Submitted on: 1/4/2015 1:38:00 AM
By: Alcodes (from psc cd)  
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 3 Users
Compatibility: Java (JDK 1.1), Java (JDK 1.2), Java (JDK 1.3), Java (JDK 1.4), Java (JDK 1.5)
Views: 2151

This allows you to right click on any java source file and Compile it.

This was done in windows by me because I became sick and tired of typing javac Foo.java, so if you too are tired of doing so and dont have something like forte, you can do the following:

1. Go to ANY folder
2. at the menu at the top of the page click:

view then click on file types

3. search for java(manually), once you have found this, click on edit
IF YOU DONT FIND IT, click on new type, then type a description of the file (Java Source File for me), and the associated extension (java), you should also put in a mime type, but it isnt necessary

4. Below Where it says actions, there should be a button saying "New", click on that button and add the following for action: Compile
and for the application performed, look for javac.exe (C:\j2sdk141\bin\javac.exe for me) and ad a % sign after it

Woo hoo, you done, now enjoy compiling java files the lazy way ;)

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this article (in the Beginner category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.