Important alert: (current site time 10/25/2014 7:58:33 PM EDT)

winzip icon

Boot Tab Control

Email
Submitted on: 12/7/2005 12:59:28 PM
By: Ozcan DEGIRMENCI  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 20 Users
Compatibility: C#, VB.NET, C++.NET
Views: 43243

Boot Tab Control is a good looking Windows Control. It has many functions. First you can change colors of the control or control drawing mode. Both Linear Gradient and Solid modes are supported. You can also change the Colors which used by the control for drawing. Also you can set UserDraw to true for drawing tabs by your self. Boot Tab Control supports three selected tab changing. These are Fade, Slide and Normal. These affects will be applied while selected tab is changing. You can also change the TabsLaout. Bottom and Top Layouts are supported. The others (Left, Right) are not supported. Free to use. Have fun ... // ADD: TabVisible property added

Can't Copy and Paste this?
Click here for a copy-and-paste friendly version of this code!
//**************************************
// for :Boot Tab Control
//**************************************
Copyright (C) 2005 Ozcan Degirmenci - Boot
odegirmenci@hotmail.com
winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Other 2 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

3/2/2005 7:43:54 AMjoejoe

Great work!!!
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

3/3/2005 1:05:23 AM

Really great control ...

thansk a alot. 5 globes for you ...

3/9/2005 9:19:09 AM

The control is GREAT!!! It is a greate addition to my project. In case anyone wonders this is compatible with Vs-2002.

Thanks!!

3/21/2005 3:24:48 AM

Thats great and very usefull control..

3/25/2005 12:01:16 PMSyed Muhammad Fahad

Excellent work

4/5/2005 4:03:42 AM

according GUI programming , it is very good environment to show maximum functionality in one time and single form

5/2/2005 12:19:16 PManil

I am getting an error for
D:\Boot Tab Control\Source-VSNET2003\BootTest\Form1.cs(23): The type or namespace name 'Boot' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

5/3/2005 1:03:45 AMÖzcan Değirmenci

This means that Boot.UI.dll is not referenced to the Test application. Before using Boot Tab Control you have to add reference to its assembly in your projects.

Download newest version (both test application and Boot.UI.dll) from http://www.ozzydotnet.com

I quess that you removed reference to the Boot.UI.dll from Test Application.

The only thing you can do is right click to the Test Application in Solution explorer and click to the Add Reference menu. Then browse to the Boot.UI.dll (for you:D:\Boot Tab
Control\Source-VSNET2003\BootUI\bin\Debug folder) or if you open the solution file look at to the Projects Tab and Select Boot.UI. Thank click to OK Button. This will add reference of Boot.UI to the Test Application. Now it can found the Boot namespace...

5/3/2005 6:20:02 AManil

thnx very much ,
i have downloaded from ur given url

5/6/2005 12:51:39 PM

I found a bug. When in fading mode...move the form to a different location...then click on the tab...as you can see, it fades from the original form position and then you click on another tab....and its okay.

5/8/2005 6:32:32 AMÖzcan Değirmenci

Thans for this bug ...

I will check this later.. You are right this is a real bug and occurs only first time in Fade Animation mode if the location of Parent changed ...

8/30/2005 5:23:53 AMNot Working

not working in my PC. but why? please let me know.

8/31/2005 1:26:08 AMÖzcan Değirmenci

How could i know why it is not working ? you have to give more details. What exception did you get etc.

9/28/2005 7:24:53 PMAssaf

Have an error:
Error reading key file 'C:\Key\keyNinova.snk'

well - don't have this folder
Please help...

9/29/2005 1:44:07 AMÖzcan Değirmenci

To solve this problem...
Simply go to the AssemblyInfo.cs in the Boot.UI.dll than open it...
Change the following line;
[AssembyKeyFile(@"C:\Keys\keyNinova.snk")]
to
[AssemblyKeyFile("")]
This
will solve this problem ...

11/29/2005 6:15:49 AMMohamed Samir

Would You Mind To Send to me text File that Explain in Detailes How i can Run the Sol Plz ;
I Try to do that manuy times but i can't

E-mail Address :

Mohamedsamir77@yahoo.com
Mohamedsamir77@hotmail.com

Waiting your Replay as soon as Possible

11/29/2005 6:17:50 AMMohamed

I Can not run the Sol File Error Appear

Would you mind to send to me text file Explain in detailes how can i run the Sloution PLz

11/30/2005 5:02:30 AMÖzcan Değirmenci

A newer version was uploaded to this server. All known bugs were resolved ...

12/8/2005 2:17:16 AMMugo

Great control it has helped me a lot on my application.

I only have one problem though - I have got several databound comboboxes on different tabs, When I run the application and change the value in one dropdown, all the other dropdowns on the different tabs also change value to the one selected.

Please help.

12/8/2005 9:30:38 AMOzcan DEGIRMENCI

I guess that this error is not about the Tab Control. May be some other things may cause this problem. There is nothing in the Boot Tab Control that cause this error.

Pls try; Put you combo box directly in to the form and remove the Boot Tab Control and try again. Are they changed together again ? If so this program is not related with the tab control. If not than tell me i will have a look to the Tab control what can cause this ...

Thanks ..

12/9/2005 3:17:21 AMIvanchain

Such a Wonderful work! I like it and add to my program. I have found a problem: If I add a controls into one of the tabpages of the tabcontrol by programing(not by drop), the controls I added will not show until I change the current tabpage to another one and chnage back. I have tried the tabcontrol and the tabpage's Refresh() method, but no use.
Thanks!

12/9/2005 3:26:31 AMMugo

I track the problem down - you were correct - it actually had nothing to do with the tab control

Thanks for the control once again.

12/14/2005 6:59:07 PMRussell

Very pretty control, thanks. Found a small bug. If you want the tabs to be in the bottom, they dont respond to the mouse, to fix, swap around the lines in SimpleTabControl.cs, at 760 so that _PanelArea is setup before _OnlyTabs Area, like this:

_PanelArea = new Rectangle (1, 1,
Width - 2, Height - (UpperSpace) - TabHeight - 1 - 1);
_OnlyTabsArea = new Rectangle (2, _PanelArea.Bottom,
Width - w, TabHeight);

Keep up the good work

12/14/2005 7:01:33 PMRussell

Great control, thanks. Found a small bug in the current version when using the "bottom" style, the mouse clicks are ignored. To fix it, swap around the order in which _PanelArea and _OnlyTabsArea are setup in line 760 of SimpleTabControl.cs, like this:

_PanelArea = new Rectangle (1, 1,
Width - 2, Height - (UpperSpace) - TabHeight - 1 - 1);
_OnlyTabsArea = new Rectangle (2, _PanelArea.Bottom,
Width - w, TabHeight);

Keep up the good work!

2/14/2006 2:07:46 PMPaul Fuller

Fantastic control!!
I also have encountered a different bug not described on this page. When adding any kind of control* to any tab other than the first SimpleTabPage and set the Anchor property to include all four sides, the resizing behavior acts very strangely at runtime only (the strange behavior does not occur at design time if you resize your form). At runtime, initially, the control may be sized so small that you cannot see it, but if you maximize your window you should be able to see the control. If you set a MinimumSize property on the control, then you will see the control, but when you resize the form, the resizing is not proportionately correct.
I am not a C# programmer and am not confident in trying to attempt to correct the issue, however it appears the problem may be found in SimpleTabControl.CalculateVariables function.
*I've tried Panel, TextBox, ToolStripContainter, and ListView controls to verify this.
Thank you!

3/5/2006 4:31:37 AMmohsin

cheers ,
U hav goota winner here, but thid one id for a windows based application rite? , i am actually looking for a similar tool which is a web applicaton based one . i am wondering if anyone or the author himself csn comr up with thst kind of boot tab ...... , i have searched the web but coundn't finr one , if any of u guys hav any info , plz do forward it .., THNX

4/25/2006 10:15:07 AMAydın

Ellerine Sağlık Dostum ;) (thanks)

5/25/2006 10:11:10 AMJim

I'm looking for the latest version of this code. His website appears to be down. Thanks

1/27/2008 5:37:10 AMLuis Portilla

yes, I even use this control in a industrial automation application.

3/19/2010 12:42:28 PMSam Johnson Clarke

why is this listed in vb? it is c# sort it out

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.