Important alert: (current site time 7/23/2014 9:49:38 PM EDT)

winzip icon

A ( part1 ) Powerful Java Swing & JDBC Code for Application Development

Email
Submitted on: 9/13/2002 5:11:59 AM
By: James Smith K  
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 38 Users
Compatibility: Java (JDK 1.2)
Views: 101139
(About the author)

Hi Friends,(updated Oct25, 2003, version11) I HAVE INCLUDED COMMENTS AND WORKING OF THIS CODE DUE TO DEMAND FROM MANY PROGRAMMERS ..,Thanks for the response u gave me for my previous codes, I am a hardcore PHP & Java Programmer, found PHP the best for Development of Dynamic Websites, But as a programmer getting lots of project of Different Types I found Java very good for Application Development, I saw many sites, nowhere could I find a clear description of how to use Java swing with JDBC to perform fundamental operations like add record, modify, delete record, view records & search reports using most of swing components like checkbox, radio button etc., either they were too complicated to install or horrible to understand, So I wrote this code .This will be very helpful for Application Development Programmers, in fact as u know u can call java applets and java programs from PHP So this could be a great advantage free source code. if u have any problems in installing , compiling or running this code please do mail me at james_smith73@yahoo.com New Version of this code is available at http://www.geocities.com/james_smith73

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Other 4 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Beginner category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

1/24/2003 1:27:13 AM

I can't access your home_page and then can't download the related pictures and database, would you help me? and would you compress all to your package? Thanks
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

2/7/2003 2:46:06 PM

verry goog , and well work

2/27/2003 8:22:24 PM

Looks really good

7/30/2003 11:57:36 PM

Great work. I have been looking for stuff like this. I'm new in Java prog. and ur submission really help. Keep it up. Hope u can submit tutorials. Anyway, 5 globes from me. Thanks.

8/5/2003 4:42:46 AM

You doing a great job pleace carry on it successfuly my wishes for that,I got valuable tips from your cording thanks.

10/23/2003 5:13:55 AM

nice job!!!

3/1/2004 4:42:17 PM

Do u have the code for a simple student registration system by using Jcreater as a develop tool?

8/5/2004 4:07:46 AM

GOOD, BUT PLEASE ADD PRINTING OF REPORTS.
IF U CAN...

9/8/2004 3:26:45 AM

Sir,
Do u know tom write skin programs in java swings?
Regards,
Balajee

2/2/2005 2:40:02 AM

Your code is beautiful, like you!!

3/28/2005 7:40:50 PM

I really enjoied your code.
Hope you don't stop.
It helped me a lot to understand jdbc.
Thanks
keep going

5/24/2005 6:04:07 AM

Great work / help. Keep it up !

Cheers,
Marco

8/8/2005 8:29:29 AMpp

you are the man!
thanks for the example :D

9/5/2005 8:59:33 PMmr.black

Cool ...
you have made cool program ...

1/1/2006 2:36:05 PMthank u

waw thats just what i need, thank u soooooo much :)

1/4/2006 6:45:34 AMjowata

Hello All,

Re: Planet Source Submission. Help required ... how do I code a remote address e.g "http://otherdomain.com/files/music.wav" instead of "filesmusic.wav/" into a Java applet before compiling it? The idea is to get the files from another site of mine instead of the site where the applet is deployed.

I hope someone can help, I keep getting the following error:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04
----------------------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
at< /span> Preview.getFileSize(Preview.java:186)
at Preview.init(Preview.java:143)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks

3/30/2006 12:39:09 AMRamachandran

vey good

4/23/2006 2:57:05 AMveeneet

i am very happy
i am more happy if i get more code of this type like you have you shown

8/19/2006 3:39:18 AMdubs

loard.... people, if you need to develop something that the program don't have, start learning and implementing. That's what progammers do they progam. Not ask someone who gave you a massive head start then say "Now add printing of reports".

You loop through the database and generate your own function of report printing. Just make sure it's cross platformable not just "WINDOWS"

8/19/2006 3:45:49 AMdubs

Would be nice to use the open source db engine with an open source platform. Tired of this windows windows windows windows. Then someone makes something in linux and somehow manages to only make it compatiable for windows only. Gee wizz

9/4/2006 7:19:38 AMrajeev

i cant view the output otherthen index page(username,pss)

12/5/2006 6:11:02 AMmanimaran

its cool

5/8/2007 5:26:41 AMtony

thx a lot

7/20/2007 6:19:43 AMBoniface Kegode

Thanks. all my worries were answered instantly. I understood the step by step process of explanation until able to come up with a good application. you are a good programmer one of a kind. please post more of this next time.

1/17/2008 8:17:25 AMM SINGH

ONE OF THE EXECELLENT CODE I HAD EVER FOUND.BUT SOME OF THE FEATURES LACKING
LIKE REPORT PRINTING. PLS MENTION HOW IT CAN BE DONE

8/1/2009 9:06:58 AMed

can you send me that code

10/28/2009 12:55:29 AMvenkatraman

Hello sir i have downloaded ur source code from planet source code and u mentioned that some files are available in http://www.geocities.com/james_smith73/james.zip but when i tried this one it shows that geocities is no more available will u pls tell me any other suggestion

6/5/2013 7:23:00 AMhillay igunza

i have compiled the code, i hope to do so within the next hour and give the feedback

6/12/2013 1:05:17 AMkyaw than htike

very good

1/2/2014 7:42:31 AMSoufiane

that really very good

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.