MS Voice Chat with Wavestream Component

Email
Submitted on: 1/17/2015 1:44:00 AM
By: Daniel Wilson (from psc cd)  
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 22 Users
Compatibility: VB 5.0, VB 6.0
Views: 2909

This code is a modified version of MS Voice Chat from the Visual Basic 5 CD. I noticed some viewers were having problems with wavestream.dll eather not existing on their system, or a modifed version of it. This project contains wavestream.dll hardcoded into the application and does not require the actual DLL what so ever. I expect this will help speed things up and prevent future problems with different versions of the wavestream.dll. A few minor bugs were also fixed. this should work in VB5, 6 and 7 with no problems, as long as you have the Microsoft GSM 6.10 Codec (i belive its shipped with MSWin9x) If not look in the Form_load of frmChat, comment out the line with WAVE_FORMAT_GSM610 and uncomment the line with WAVE_FORMAT_PCM or WAVE_FORMAT_MSN_AUDIO

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

10/5/2015 4:43:42 PMnice work

contact me on y_corrupt@yahoo.com for further talk
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.