||1/2/2015 1:02:00 PM
Kenny Dilger (from psc cd)
By 3 Users
||Java (JDK 1.2)
This code is free to be used and modified.
This application displays some of the
simple features of JavaMail. It allows
or reading mail from a Pop server.
Then all mail is saved locally to disk.
Sending mail is also possible.
Config information about the POP and SMTP
server, as well as
Username and password are kept in the
file "config.ini". This file
can be edited within the application
under "File -> settings"
Allow for reading of attachments.
Currently attachments are being
stored on disk and the message
notifies you of an attachment. Need
to implement being able to save the
attachment to a directory.
Also would like to just be able to
launch the attachment from the app.
Allow for sending of attachments.
Nothing done yet there.
- JavaMail API 1.2
- Java Activation Framework
Class for reading and writing
profile strings in an INI file
Original Code (that did not work
very well at all) was written by
R.Kumara varma (email@example.com)
- JavaMail.java => entry point for app
- ReadMailFrame => Window for reading mail
- SendMailFrame => Window for creating
and sending messages
- FwdDialog => Window for adding emails
to address book and selecting individuals
to forward a message to.
- ConfigInfo => Class for holding user
info and server info
- ConfigFrame => Window to allow editing
of the config information
- DownloadedMessages => Class used to
store the information of a downloaded
The JavaMail API does not allow for
access of a message when a store has been
- ReadWrite => Class for Reading and
Writing Profile string to INI files
- EmailHeaderTalbe => Class used in
setting up table that displays message
- TableSorter => Class used to sort the
table when different Columns are selected
- TableMap => an implementation of an
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come
out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
- Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
- NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net
Report Bad Submission
Other User Comments
There are no comments on this submission.
Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to
the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to
share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they
will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please
click here instead.)
To post feedback, first please login.