Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

ASP.NET does NOT honor IIS security accounts by default!ASP.NET does NOT honor IIS security accounts by default!VB.NET, ASP.NETBeginner /
Ian Ippolito (PSC)
857 since
1/1/2015 3:13:00 AM

By 10 Users

When working on a website that was supposed to use the new ASP.NET file upload object (great feature by the way) to upload files and then copy them to a network file server, I discovered that ASP.NET does not honor the security account that you setup in I ...(description truncated)

Fix for ASP .NET Web Forms acting 'buggy' after user presses 'back' buttonFix for ASP .NET Web Forms acting 'buggy' after user presses 'back' buttonVB.NET, ASP.NETBeginner /
Ian Ippolito (PSC)
1956 since
1/1/2015 2:40:00 AM

By 3 Users

If you do ASP.NET web forms, have you noticed that they seem to act buggy after the user hits the back button? For example, do events start firing off that shouldn't be, or does the state on the form get reset to what the user typed in 2 times ago, or wor ...(description truncated)

How to send an email in ASP.netHow to send an email in ASP.netVB.NET, ASP.NETBeginner /
Ian Ippolito (PSC)
1051 since
1/1/2015 2:41:00 AM

By 11 Users

Sending email in ASP.NET is a breeze! Check out this example. Note that docs say that the .SMTPServer property is optional...if you don't specify one, Windows queues up your email for you. However, I haven't tested out this method of sending mail.

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

Quick tip on how to handle NULL in ADO.netQuick tip on how to handle NULL in ADO.netVB.NET, ASP.NETBeginner /
Ian Ippolito (PSC)
1539 since
1/1/2015 2:21:00 AM

By 31 Users

If you're an old ADO programmer, you may be frustrated by not knowing exactly how to check for NULL. Here's a 1 second tip on how to do it in ADO.NET.

SMTP emailSMTP emailASP.NETBeginner /
Ian Ippolito (PSC)
736 since
1/1/2015 10:57:00 PM

By 4 Users

One of the bad things about old/classic ASP is its lack of easy built-in support for something as easy as sending an email. Most developers (including myself) ended up having to purchase a seperate email component such as ASPQMail, or SA-Mail. Well, now w ...(description truncated)

Your First VB .NET OO ClassYour First VB .NET OO ClassVB.NETBeginner /
Ian Ippolito (PSC)
556 since
1/1/2015 1:13:00 AM

By 5 Users

Here's a quick primer for developers who understand basic OO (Object Oriented) concepts and want to use that knowledge and start making using of VB .NET syntax right away.  This short example shows you how to use VB.NET syntax to: 1) declare properties (g ...(description truncated)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 6 of 6 found

Compatibility Filter Profile:

C#
VB.NET
ASP.NET
C++.NET