Other Entries by Simon Price (from psc cd).

Search Results: Page 1 of 2 found. Entries 1 - 25 of 36 found
Jump to page: 1 2 

Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

A 3D Space SimulationA 3D Space SimulationVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
Simon Price (from psc cd)
880 since
1/6/2015 9:53:00 AM

By 19 Users

*- UPDATED -* NOW INCLUDES UFO's!!! I've seen lots of boring screen savers around that have a few stars whizzing by. But they weren't true 3D, just pixels moving outwards. So I've written a program which randomly creates galaxies and you have complete fre ...(description truncated)

A COOL TRANSTITION EFFECT! (Alpha blending without DirectX)A COOL TRANSTITION EFFECT! (Alpha blending without DirectX)VB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) Beginner /
912 since
1/7/2015 4:46:00 PM

By 33 Users

COOL SPECAIL EFFECT - SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT! This is a cool transition effect. There is a scroll bar to adjust the quality/speed of the effect. You can choose your own pictures for the effect too. I've seen a load of special effects ideas on PSC and so I t ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A DIRECT3D PANORAMIC SCENE!A DIRECT3D PANORAMIC SCENE!VB 6.0Intermediate /
1012 since
1/9/2015 12:33:00 PM

By 13 Users

CHECK THIS OUT! This is a really cool effect. Stand in the middle of a 3D world and use the mouse to rotate the camera around. All running at over 60 frames per second!!! The pictures look beautiful (thanks to Craig Nisbet - it's his artwork, but my progr ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

A Masking TutorialA Masking TutorialVB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
555 since
1/6/2015 11:47:00 AM

By 6 Users

This is an introdunction to the art of masking. It shows you how to use BitBlt and masks to create a sprite over a background.

A Racing Game In VB!!!A Racing Game In VB!!!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
4547 since
1/6/2015 11:43:00 AM

By 39 Users

I've never seen a decent racing game in VB - until now! This racing game has fast, detailed graphics and good AI. AI? Yes, there are opponent cars!!! AND there is a course editor so that you can design and save your own courses - then teach the computer c ...(description truncated)

A Shaded 3D Cube w/o DirectXA Shaded 3D Cube w/o DirectXVB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
1030 since
1/6/2015 11:01:00 AM

By 6 Users

You can spin around a 3D cube in realtime at fast frame rates (I can get 67 fps on my 400Mhz PC) in one of 3 rendering modes : wireframe, filled polygons, lighted/shaded polygons. VERY short and simple code, good intro to 3D.

AI Experiment (COOL!!!)AI Experiment (COOL!!!)VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
502 since
1/6/2015 2:50:00 PM

By 6 Users

I made this today for a laugh, 4 snakes have to be the last snake squirming in a fight to the death. The fun bit is that you can change, save and load different AI settings to change the behaviour of the computer controlled snakes. 0,1 or 2 human players ...(description truncated)

aMAZEing 3DaMAZEing 3DVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
1836 since
1/7/2015 1:51:00 AM

By 48 Users

RARE! Look @ the screenshot NOW. These are actual screenshots of the in game graphics - in LOW resolution so that this page didn't take forever to download!!! It IS possible to make a 3D, lighted, perpective texture mapped game in VB! And this game does N ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

aMAZEing 3D shadingaMAZEing 3D shadingVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) Intermediate /
737 since
1/7/2015 12:30:00 PM

By 6 Users

aMAZEing shading is a 3D Doom-style game. It has nice depth cueing rendering on the polygons, plus some twinkling stars in the backround as a bonus. If you thought that 3D couldn't be achieved real-time in VB, think again. And if you thought this was good ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

An Introduction To DirectXAn Introduction To DirectXVB 6.0Intermediate /
1634 since
1/9/2015 1:55:00 AM

By 1 Users

This is a tutorial for a complete beginner to DirectX. This introduction shows you the very basics of using DirectDraw, with more comments than code to help explain everything in plain English. The resulting program will draw a picture and stretch it to f ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

An Introduction To DirectX 8 - And More!!!An Introduction To DirectX 8 - And More!!!VB 6.0Beginner /
6494 since
1/10/2015 8:58:00 PM

By 51 Users

<h4><font color="#FF0000">Learn every aspect of DirectX8 now!</font></h4> <p><font color="#000000">This <b>HUGE </b>tutorial covers DirectX 8, DirectSound8, DirectInput8, Direct3D8. It includes everything - from knowing nothing to ...(description truncated)

An Invasion GameAn Invasion GameVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
429 since
1/6/2015 9:00:00 AM

By 4 Users

Invasion is an excellent example of how to make really cool, explosive, fast graphics in your games. UFO's fly down the screen and your job is to stop them from getting to the bottom. Luckily, I've armed you with a big machine gun which fires at 20 rounds ...(description truncated)

Basic DirectX8 graphicsBasic DirectX8 graphicsVB 6.0Intermediate /
767 since
1/10/2015 7:30:00 AM

By 3 Users

I've had DirectX 8 installed for only a few hours so I've just made my first program to test it out. This would be useful for beginners. It spins around a pyrimid shape which glows different colors. Very simple and commented on almost every line. Probably ...(description truncated)

BreakOut!BreakOut!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
697 since
1/6/2015 7:40:00 AM

By 4 Users

Yet another clone of the classic game BreakOut... but this one's a little cleverer than most - it has chain reaction explosions, multiple balls to juggle plus fair graphics + sound.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Color Conversion FunctionsColor Conversion FunctionsVB 6.0Beginner /
1041 since
1/19/2015 4:53:00 AM

By 8 Users

Convert any color format (hex, long, rgb) to any other color format. There may be other examples of this on PSC, but I checked them and they do not use the same algorithm. This is not the fastest way to convert colors, but it is simple and reliable.

COOL FIREWORKS SCREENSAVER!!!COOL FIREWORKS SCREENSAVER!!!VB 6.0Intermediate /
1053 since
1/10/2015 12:14:00 AM

By 11 Users

This is the screensaver with the COOLEST GRAPHICS YOU'VE EVER SEEN! You've got to see it in motion before it really works, as up to 20 fireworks simultanouesly shoot upwards at different angles and speeds, explode into different bursts of color, lighting ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Direct X-files gameDirect X-files gameVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) Intermediate /
636 since
1/7/2015 11:32:00 AM

By 6 Users

Direct X-Files is a really cheap game I made very quickly, mainly because I downloaded the X-files theme tune and I felt that I needed to find a use for it so I made this X-files game in a few hours (so don't expect anything amazing). Alot of the code has ...(description truncated)

DIRECT3D LANDSCAPE GENERATORDIRECT3D LANDSCAPE GENERATORVB 6.0Intermediate /
1439 since
1/8/2015 11:52:00 PM

By 58 Users

This makes a 3D landscape with bitmaps. You need DirectX7 to run this. Please note that I have 2 accounts with PSC, both in the name of Simon Price, so to see my other submissions, do a search for my name.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

DirectX Tutorial #2 - DirectSound IntroDirectX Tutorial #2 - DirectSound IntroVB 6.0Intermediate /
1093 since
1/9/2015 6:36:00 AM

By 11 Users

This tutorial will teach the complete newbie to DirectX/DirectSound how to Load, Play and Stop a sound (.wav) file. It is designed to be REALLY simple, there are more comments than there are lines of code (at least one comment per line of code!). Thanks t ...(description truncated)

DirectX Tutorial #3 - DirectMusic Intro!DirectX Tutorial #3 - DirectMusic Intro!VB 6.0Intermediate /
929 since
1/9/2015 6:44:00 AM

By 5 Users

This heavily commented code will teach you how to load, play and stop a MIDI file using DirectMusic. You need DirectX7 to run this. You also need the DirectX7 for Visual Basic library, which you can get from www.microsoft.com if you haven't already got it ...(description truncated)

DX pong!DX pong!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
475 since
1/7/2015 4:17:00 AM

By 5 Users

DX pong is rather neat version of the classic game Pong. It uses DirectX 7 and so you must have that installed on your computer to play. The graphics are detailed smooth - they run at over 50 frames per second on my 400Mhz PC. Cheesy sound effects are inc ...(description truncated)

DX Snakes!!!DX Snakes!!!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
636 since
1/7/2015 5:06:00 AM

By 4 Users

DX Snakes is my third game in a row of my DX series. Like the other two, it was made in just one day! If you liked the other two then get this one. If you haven't seen the others then get them as well! In DX snakes, you have to control a snake to eat appl ...(description truncated)

DXTUT4 - Introduction to Direct3D!DXTUT4 - Introduction to Direct3D!VB 6.0Intermediate /
1878 since
1/9/2015 3:31:00 PM

By 34 Users

<p>This tutorial <b> WILL</b> teach you how to get started with using <font color="#FF0000"> Direct3D Immediate Mode from Visual Basic</font>. It includes background knowledge, definitions, explanations, a sample program to download, and ex ...(description truncated)

engineX beta demo 1 by Simon PriceengineX beta demo 1 by Simon PriceVB 6.0Advanced /
1469 since
1/11/2015 3:07:00 AM

By 20 Users

UPDATED AGAIN: 3 more major bugs fixed! UPDATED: many bugs fixed already ! *** engineX beta demo 1 *** engineX was designed to be as simple and reusable as possible. It uses DirectX 8. It features: - 3D graphics with support for hardware acceleration ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Flags, the Binary system and Logic operators.Flags, the Binary system and Logic operators.VB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) , VBA MS Access, VBA MS ExcelIntermediate /
612 since
1/18/2015 8:58:00 PM

By 19 Users

This article teaches how and why to use "flags", and goes through the Binary System and Logic Operators to explain this. Please give feedback and/or vote if you think this could be of benefit to alot of programmers. I got the idea for this article while m ...(description truncated)

Search Results: Page 1 of 2 found. Entries 1 - 25 of 36 found
Jump to page: 1 2 

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel