Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

A photoshop-like BEVEL EFFECT in VBA photoshop-like BEVEL EFFECT in VBVB 6.0Intermediate /
grigri (from psc cd)
1577 since
2/5/2015 8:40:00 PM

By 25 Users

This program takes a bitmap image and applies a bevel effect to it, adding hilights and shadows to make it appear 3-D. The direction and elevation of the light can be changed, as can the size of the bevel. Includes a "debug" mode which shows the process s ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

ADDIN -- ComponentProjectLoaderADDIN -- ComponentProjectLoaderVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
grigri (from psc cd)
659 since
2/9/2015 12:53:00 PM

By 4 Users

Normally when you open a non-project VB-associated file such as a form (.frm), class module (.cls) or standard module (.bas), VB creates a new project and adds that component to it. I've never found this functionality useful, and on occasion it's annoyin ...(description truncated)

Animated, shimmering form reflection effectAnimated, shimmering form reflection effectVB 6.0Advanced /
grigri (from psc cd)
1017 since
2/15/2015 10:33:00 PM

By 23 Users

This code creates a semi-transparent reflection of your form which shimmers in realtime. The screenshot shows the basic idea, but it looks much better animated! It uses the UpdateLayeredWindow() API, so will only work on 2k/XP. I have only tested it on X ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

At last! A solution to the Select Case Enum problem! Believe me, you want this codeAt last! A solution to the Select Case Enum problem! Believe me, you want this codeVB 6.0Intermediate /
grigri (from psc cd)
622 since
2/6/2015 9:46:00 PM

By 15 Users

The VB IDE's intellisense features really are a godsend. However, a few omissions in its conception are a bit annoying. For example, when you are doing a Select Case statement with an enum value, you would expect the intellisense to pop up a list box of a ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Customize the icons in the VB Project Explorer TreeCustomize the icons in the VB Project Explorer TreeVB 6.0Advanced /
grigri (from psc cd)
371 since
1/31/2015 12:22:00 PM

By 11 Users

Purpose:<br> Allows customization of the icons displayed in the VB Project Explorer window.<br> Icons can be customized on a global level (eg all form icons) or on an individual per-component level.<br> I personally use it for visually separating ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Howto : Never forget your variables again [my take]Howto : Never forget your variables again [my take]VB 6.0Intermediate /
grigri (from psc cd)
625 since
2/6/2015 10:13:00 AM

By 4 Users

To judge from some recent submissions, some people forget their variables! <br> This is my take on how to avoid this, by making an IDE addin that shows a list of your private variables when you press a hotkey (Ctrl+m). <br> It's not perfect, but it ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Icons4VB *UPDATED* - Display different icons in explorer for VB projects, depending on their typeIcons4VB *UPDATED* - Display different icons in explorer for VB projects, depending on their typeVB 6.0Advanced /
grigri (from psc cd)
446 since
2/6/2015 3:41:00 PM

By 5 Users

This is a Shell Extension (Icon Handler) for VB files, written in VB. It allows you to display different icons in explorer for project and form files, depending on their type - very useful for opening the correct project. The code is quite simple, and wel ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Play multiple sounds at the same time (no DLL, no DirectX)Play multiple sounds at the same time (no DLL, no DirectX)VB 6.0Advanced /
grigri (from psc cd)
4092 since
2/16/2015 10:16:00 AM

By 21 Users
21 Excellent Ratings
       Playing multiple sounds simultaneously is not an easy task, especially in VB. Most VB applications (and games!) that use sound use the PlaySound() API function [which only allows one sound at a time]; others resort to DirectX or third-party DLLs such as B ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

TheTreeSurgeon - Major enhancements for the VB6 Project Tree (updated: fix for SDI)TheTreeSurgeon - Major enhancements for the VB6 Project Tree (updated: fix for SDI)VB 6.0Advanced /
grigri (from psc cd)
808 since
2/15/2015 11:30:00 PM

By 12 Users

This VB6 Add-In gives you a bunch of special options for the IDE Project Tree. All options are configurable through a control panel (access through the AddIns menu). While there are a lot of enhancements, my absolute favorite is the ability to re-order th ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 9 of 9 found

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel