Other Entries by Peter Wilson (from psc cd).

Search Results: Page 1 of 2 found. Entries 1 - 25 of 25 found
Jump to page: 1 2 

Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

A 2D Asteroids GameA 2D Asteroids GameVB 6.0Intermediate /
Peter Wilson (from psc cd)
2350 since
2/2/2015 2:38:00 PM

By 9 Users

Smooth animation, excellent wire frame graphics, No BitBlt, DirectX or OpenGL. Pure VB. You probably won't believe what a nice game you can make with VB. Very smooth vector-style graphics with unique pan & zoom functionality. This game is not finished ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 2D DotProduct DemonstrationA 2D DotProduct DemonstrationVB 6.0Beginner /
1128 since
2/6/2015 9:56:00 AM

By 5 Users

This application is a simple and clear demonstration of the DotProduct in two dimensions. The DotProduct is almost always used by game programmers, especially in shooting games like Unreal Tournament. The DotProduct allows the programmers to decide is the ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 2D game - Froggies, a game of leap frog.A 2D game - Froggies, a game of leap frog.VB 6.0Beginner /
926 since
1/25/2015 10:02:00 PM

By 22 Users

Simple game of leap-frog suitable for all ages. Uses multi-dimension arrays, images and bitmaps, drag-n-drop, simple game logic, auto-creation of new swamps, registry setting! Unlike other games, this one has a well-rounded finish to it, including help fi ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

A 2D Rotation Demo using SIN() and COS()A 2D Rotation Demo using SIN() and COS()VB 6.0Beginner /
1246 since
2/5/2015 6:07:00 PM

By 14 Users

This VB code graphically shows the relationship between Sine and Cosine when drawing a cirlce. In my humble opinion, I think drawing a circle is the first thing all graphics programmers need to learn. Although it may look like I'm just plotting a single d ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 2D Rotation Lesson - Fly a UFOA 2D Rotation Lesson - Fly a UFOVB 6.0Beginner /
662 since
1/31/2015 12:36:00 PM

By 9 Users

I can't believe how much trouble I went to, to show you how to rotate objects (like a space-ship) around the Z-Axis. This should be a great learning project for people wanting to create their own vector-graphics games... like Asteroids.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 3D Engine v7, Fly Around DemoA 3D Engine v7, Fly Around DemoVB 6.0Advanced /
1238 since
2/8/2015 8:16:00 PM

By 43 Users

Learn how to create your own 3D graphics library without using OpenGL or DirectX, just pure VB code. Watch the scripted introduction complete with sound track! Walk or Fly around a 3D environment in a similar style to popular 1st person shooting games lik ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 3D Lesson v2, Very SimpleA 3D Lesson v2, Very SimpleVB 6.0Beginner /
753 since
2/2/2015 5:00:00 PM

By 20 Users

This 3D application shows you just how simple 3D computer graphics can be to program. Pure VB code and the only mathematics is division. Simple hey? Objects that are far away, appear smaller. Thus simply divide our 3D object's X and Y coordinates by it's ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 3D Lesson v3.1, ModerateA 3D Lesson v3.1, ModerateVB 6.0Intermediate /
813 since
2/2/2015 6:02:00 PM

By 11 Users

This is version three of my simple 3D lessons. The major update in this lesson, is the Virtual Camera code. You can move the camera anywhere (using the keyboard), and make the camera 'look at' a certain point. Only Dots between the Near and Far Clipping d ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 3D Lesson v4, AdvancedA 3D Lesson v4, AdvancedVB 6.0Advanced /
1045 since
2/2/2015 9:54:00 PM

By 25 Users

Learn how to program in 3D using only Visual Basic - no OpenGL or DirectX. The major update in version 4 is the synchronization of MIDI music (2001 - A Space Odyssey) and 3D animation. I also wanted to experiment with some opening credits at the beginning ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 3D Shoot-em-up using heat seeking missles.A 3D Shoot-em-up using heat seeking missles.VB 6.0Intermediate /
1014 since
2/9/2015 3:46:00 PM

By 17 Users

Have fun flying around in 3D whilst shooting heat-seeking rockets at a UFO. Pure VB; no DirectX or OpenGL; I did all the maths myself. This is *** VERSION 8 *** - if you want to understand this code, I suggest you start with version 2 which is available o ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A 3D Studio v6.0 betaA 3D Studio v6.0 betaVB 6.0Intermediate /
1235 since
2/5/2015 5:03:00 AM

By 16 Users

Learn how to create your own 3D graphics library without using OpenGL or DirectX. This 3D application allows you to load DirectX data files into the application and view them in 3D. The virtual camera is centered on the origin (although you can change thi ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A collision avoidance system for games using DotProduct.A collision avoidance system for games using DotProduct.VB 6.0Intermediate /
892 since
1/31/2015 2:23:00 AM

By 8 Users

Demonstrates how to code an intelligent early warning collision detection system for a simple game of Asteroids. Uses matrix multiplication, vector maths and clearly demonstrates an excellent use for the DotProduct between two vectors. I placed this in th ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A Matrix Multiplication Lesson using the game AsteroidsA Matrix Multiplication Lesson using the game AsteroidsVB 6.0Beginner /
1262 since
1/31/2015 12:48:00 AM

By 3 Users

Originally started off as a lesson in Matrix Multiplication using 3D vectors; And by "3D vectors", I don't mean 3D computer graphics... I mean "vectors". I was actually half way through coding a 3D computer graphics program, when I decided I needed a ref ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A Simple Solar System Simulator, v1.0A Simple Solar System Simulator, v1.0VB 6.0Beginner /
1075 since
2/3/2015 7:33:00 AM

By 5 Users

This Solar System Simulator is a very simple application designed to teach you how to rotate/animate planets around a sun, but also how to rotate moons around their planets. I have also implemented a very simple yet effective zoom functionality simply by ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A Vacuum Fluorescent Display Simulator v1.0A Vacuum Fluorescent Display Simulator v1.0VB 6.0Beginner /
662 since
1/30/2015 6:41:00 PM

By 9 Users

This is a small application designed to mimick the look of Vacuum Fluorescent Displays (VFD). Use my VFD print method to enhance the look and feel of your next sci-fi game.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Asteroid Collisions (using the DotProduct)Asteroid Collisions (using the DotProduct)VB 6.0Intermediate /
802 since
2/6/2015 11:36:00 AM

By 7 Users

Watch Asteroids floating around in space bouncing off each other with the same realistic precision as billiard balls. No DirectX or OpenGL, just pure VB code that produces the most wonderful, mesmerizing zero-G display. This application builds on two of m ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Convert Fonts to Vector Graphics using GetGlyphOutlineConvert Fonts to Vector Graphics using GetGlyphOutlineVB 6.0Intermediate /
5047 since
2/4/2015 5:24:00 PM

By 24 Users

This application can convert any True-Type Font into a series of polygons made entirely of straight lines defined by vertices. Possible Uses: Create your own 3D font applications ala "Xara 3D" style. Design assistance with large signs, corporate logos or ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Cow ThingCow ThingVB 6.0Intermediate /
641 since
2/10/2015 3:53:00 PM

By 19 Users

Watch 28 frames of animated cow walk all over your desktop and windows, munch on the grass and moo occasionally. I was inspired by a web site I found whilst researching another project. I downloaded the cow animation and thought I might as well have some ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

LED Clock ChallengeLED Clock ChallengeVB 6.0Beginner /
409 since
2/10/2015 12:23:00 PM

By 6 Users

Rodger threw down the challenge to write an LED clock application in a few lines as possible. This is my solution, can anyone better this! If not, you may all kneel trembling before me and worship me as your new programming god <insert evil laugh here> ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

OpenGL 3D Star Wars style scrollerOpenGL 3D Star Wars style scrollerVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
1263 since
2/12/2015 4:16:00 PM

By 13 Users

OpenGL 3D 'Star Wars'-style scroller featuring real True-Type fonts in a real 3D environment. Features GetGlyphOutline API, MIDI soundtrack, how to use the OpenGL glCallLists feature plus lots more. When I created an earlier project Convert Fonts to Vecto ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Radar SimulationRadar SimulationVB 6.0Intermediate /
2971 since
2/16/2015 1:07:00 AM

By 11 Users

This is a simple radar simulation. The radar sweeps around in a circle looking for aircraft using the 'Dot Product'. Once it finds the aircraft it remembers it's location and plots it on the scope. The aircrafts last known location will then gradually fad ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

RGB Colour WheelRGB Colour WheelVB 6.0Beginner /
620 since
2/2/2015 4:15:00 PM

By 4 Users

You may never again want to use VB's internal RGB function, after seeing how much simpler and better this HSV function is. Use the full colour spectrum in new and exciting ways, that are simply difficult (if not impossible) using VB's internal RGB functio ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Satellite Plotter v1.0 (user control)Satellite Plotter v1.0 (user control)VB 6.0Beginner /
699 since
2/12/2015 5:53:00 PM

By 3 Users

Plots the Azimuth and Elevation of a satellite on a UserControl. This project was the result of a request from Fred in Mosta. Hey Fred! did you know I actually work as a Satellite Tracker? or is this just a crazy coincidence that you asked me to create th ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

TechniColor Mouse TrailsTechniColor Mouse TrailsVB 6.0Beginner /
524 since
2/3/2015 7:16:00 PM

By 4 Users

Simple mouse trails using recursion. Move the mouse over the form to display a colourful rainbow of colours that follow the mouse movement. You'll enjoy this, if you like watching pretty colours dance about the screen. Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

TechniColor Mouse Trails v 2TechniColor Mouse Trails v 2VB 6.0Beginner /
478 since
2/3/2015 7:27:00 PM

By 5 Users

TechniColor Mouse Trails using recursion. Move the mouse over the form to display a colourful rainbow of colours that follow the mouse movement. Click the mouse button to change the Offset values (and thus the patterns). You'll enjoy this, if you like wat ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Search Results: Page 1 of 2 found. Entries 1 - 25 of 25 found
Jump to page: 1 2 

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel