Other Entries by James Dougherty (from psc cd)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 22 of 22 found
  Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

A 2D Collision Detection Tutorial For Beginners (with demos)A 2D Collision Detection Tutorial For Beginners (with demos)VB 6.0Beginner /
James Dougherty (from psc cd)
767 since
1/25/2015 4:34:00 PM

By 7 Users

This is a tutorial to help beginners understand 2D collision detection. Its not much, but if your a beginner you'll like it. Shows images and explains everything. Covers brute force and 2 bounding sphere examples. Enjoy! Please leave feedback.

A++ PASSWORD GENERATOR Version 2.0 WITH MASKS(Like in Auto Play Menu Studio)A++ PASSWORD GENERATOR Version 2.0 WITH MASKS(Like in Auto Play Menu Studio)VB 6.0Intermediate /
409 since
1/24/2015 12:00:00 PM

By 8 Users

This will create any number of passwords you want with any mask. You can also create custom masks and now custom keys! Also checks to make sure the passwords are unique. Very simple to use. Easily customizable. IF YOU LIKE MY LAST ONE THIS IS A MUST SEE! ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A++ PASSWORD GENERATOR WITH MASKS(Like in Auto Play Menu Studio) (UPDATED)A++ PASSWORD GENERATOR WITH MASKS(Like in Auto Play Menu Studio) (UPDATED)VB 6.0Intermediate /
479 since
1/24/2015 9:33:00 AM

By 7 Users

(BY REQUEST IT NOW PRODUCES ONLY UNIQUE PASSWORDS. ENJOY IT!!) This will create passwords any number of passwords you want with any mask. You can also create custom masks! Very simple and little code. Easily customizable. MUST SEE! If you like it please v ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

AAA - Kinetic Collision Responce Demo (Physics) With DX8AAA - Kinetic Collision Responce Demo (Physics) With DX8VB 6.0Advanced /
501 since
1/26/2015 1:21:00 AM

By 5 Users

I'm trying to add physics to my game engine and I thought I would share it. It uses Mass, Gravity, Wind, kinetic energy, Friction, Coefficient Of Restitution, Velocity, and more. When the balls collide they transfer thier energy and react like they would ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Bounding Volumes Tutorial/DemoBounding Volumes Tutorial/DemoVB 6.0Intermediate /
499 since
1/27/2015 9:52:00 PM

By 5 Users

I got thinking... What good is collision detection tutorials/demos if theres no tutorials/demos on bounding volumes? Thats the heart of 90% of the collision detection algorithms. This will show how to compute bounding box's and bounding spheres for an obj ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

CRC16/CRC32 Checksum (Blazing Fast CRC32)CRC16/CRC32 Checksum (Blazing Fast CRC32)VB 6.0Advanced /
4062 since
2/14/2015 1:32:00 AM

By 2 Users

This will compute CRC16 and CRC32 checksums for any file, string, or byte array! There is also both the static and dynamic methods for computing them too. The CRC32 checksum is blazing fast and possibly one of the fastest on PSC. (You can see in the scree ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Diablo 2 Item Database V3.0.2 (UPDATE)Diablo 2 Item Database V3.0.2 (UPDATE)VB 6.0Intermediate /
925 since
1/23/2015 7:25:00 PM

By 5 Users

This will help you keep track of all your "mules" items. It also show you how to load/save data from the tree view control with pictures(obviousley). This is a complete application. The registery functions are not mine and I forgot whos they are *sorry*, ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Direct Draw Full Screen Tutorial And Explanation For Total Begginers (UPDATED)Direct Draw Full Screen Tutorial And Explanation For Total Begginers (UPDATED)VB 6.0Beginner /
796 since
1/23/2015 10:53:00 PM

By 9 Users

Fixed the UI problem. Easier on the eyes. What does DDSCL_ALLOWMODEX do? <br> What does DDSD_CAPS mean? <br> This will help you to understand what everything does and what everything means. It also has a built in demo showing you how to blit, draw t ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Direct3D 8 Tutorials For Beginners Part 1 (Must See!!)Direct3D 8 Tutorials For Beginners Part 1 (Must See!!)VB 6.0Beginner /
417 since
1/23/2015 11:43:00 PM

By 9 Users

Part 1 covers and explains Direct3D objects and how to use them. If you tried my DDraw Tutorial you'll love this one. Please leave some feedback good or bad, and if you like it or dislike votes are welcome. Thanks in advance -James-Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

DirectInput8 ControlDirectInput8 ControlVB 6.0Intermediate /
903 since
1/25/2015 6:19:00 AM

By 9 Users

This control handles almost every aspect of DirectInput8, if not all! It handles the usual mouse and keyboard events, but it also supports joysticks with force feedback and regular joysticks. Also you can configure the devices (mouse, keyboard, and joysti ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

EuroDepth (Superior Fast Picture Color Depth Changer)EuroDepth (Superior Fast Picture Color Depth Changer)VB 6.0Advanced /
420 since
1/24/2015 8:10:00 AM

By 5 Users

This will change the depth of an image in the matter of milliseconds. This is as fast as PhotoShop. It includes the Visual Basic Source Code to the .dll and a demo to show how quick it is. I didn't have time to comment this. Its for a image editor I'm wor ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

EuroDepth 2.0 (Now Handles 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 24(32), 24(64) bit depth's) SUPER FAST! See Screen Shot!EuroDepth 2.0 (Now Handles 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 24(32), 24(64) bit depth's) SUPER FAST! See Screen Shot!VB 6.0Advanced /
460 since
1/28/2015 8:45:00 PM

By 3 Users

This is a major improvement from version 1. When compiled it can change the bit depth in 0.02-0.08 milleseconds! Version 1 supported 1, 4, 8, 24(32k), 24(64k) bit depth's. Due to feedback I decided to add 15 and 16 bit depth's and redo all the code. The c ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Get Operating System Version/Service Pack (37 Flavors Supported; See List)Get Operating System Version/Service Pack (37 Flavors Supported; See List)VB 6.0Intermediate /
931 since
2/14/2015 11:26:00 AM

By 3 Users

This will obtain the Microsoft Windows version on the platform the program is executed on. It supports the newest versions too. Feedback is appreciated. Note that Blackcomb will change as it is just their code name for that Operating System.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Optimizing Your DirectX Game Engine (How To Make C++ To VB .dlls) Tutorial And Demo Included....Optimizing Your DirectX Game Engine (How To Make C++ To VB .dlls) Tutorial And Demo Included....VB 6.0Advanced /
705 since
1/28/2015 7:23:00 AM

By 7 Users

I have had a lot of e-mail recently on how to make and reference c++ .dll's in VB to optimize their game engine. This is my solution. A 27 Page Tutorial!! Also a DX demo for the C++ .dll and how to reference demo in VB. Must See! Hard to describe fully. T ...(description truncated)

PixsxiP Lab (DX 8 Pixel Shader Lab) First On PSC! (UPDATED)PixsxiP Lab (DX 8 Pixel Shader Lab) First On PSC! (UPDATED)VB 6.0Advanced /
516 since
1/26/2015 7:59:00 PM

By 3 Users

This program will let you program Pixel Shaders. The program its self is pretty easy, but programming pixel shaders is kind of tough. Considering it is asm. I made it so I could learn Pixel Shaders for my RPG game, to get rid of the seams in the textures. ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

PixsxiP Lab 2.0 (DX8 Pixel Shader Lab) Now With 35 Samples! + MorePixsxiP Lab 2.0 (DX8 Pixel Shader Lab) Now With 35 Samples! + MoreVB 6.0Advanced /
777 since
1/26/2015 8:48:00 PM

By 5 Users

This version revised some poor logic code, now has 35 samples, list most of the funtions used in pixel shader programing, more textures can be loaded, more stable, and bug fixes. Please note - most video cards do not handle pixel shaders yet. If your does ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Simple powerful UXC Encryption (Try to crack my sample file :) )Simple powerful UXC Encryption (Try to crack my sample file :) )VB 6.0Intermediate /
681 since
1/26/2015 3:09:00 AM

By 4 Users

This is a simple encryption routine I call UXC. I made it for my game files. Please give it a try!! Try to crack the sample .txt file and if you can post what it says here :) I want to see how hard or easy this is to crack so I can update it. Enjoy! Pleas ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Taylor Series VS Sqr() Distance Testing (2D & 3D) (*UPDATE*)Taylor Series VS Sqr() Distance Testing (2D & 3D) (*UPDATE*)VB 6.0Intermediate /
524 since
1/28/2015 4:23:00 AM

By 3 Users

Thanks to Robert Rayment the VB version of TaylorDistance3D works right now. This is another way to test for distance if you don't like to use the Sqr() Function. Its the Taylor/Maclaurin Series. The only problem is theres a Max Error of 3.5% in 2D and a ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Ultimate Direct X 8 Math Class !!LOOK!!Ultimate Direct X 8 Math Class !!LOOK!!VB 6.0Advanced /
555 since
1/22/2015 3:56:00 PM

By 3 Users

This XMath class is a must have. It handles Collision Detection Functions (Distance, Object-Object Collision Detection, etc.),Color Functions, Vertex Functions, Matrix Functions, Vector 2 Functions, Vector 3 Functions, Vector 4 Functions, Plane Functions, ...(description truncated)

UltimaX (Almost Complete DX8 Engine) MUST SEE!! (UPDATE)UltimaX (Almost Complete DX8 Engine) MUST SEE!! (UPDATE)VB 6.0Advanced /
622 since
1/23/2015 5:49:00 AM

By 12 Users

Awesome! Look at screenshot. Making it to be programmer friendly.. Features include - 2D Sound, 3D Sound, Midi(with soundFX's), SoundFX's, Transparent objects(even .x files),Partial Collision Detection(lol need to fix landscape Collision Detection - you c ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

UltimaX Math Library (175+ Functions)UltimaX Math Library (175+ Functions)VB 6.0Advanced /
1054 since
1/29/2015 2:40:00 PM

By 37 Users

This math library handles 2D Vectors, 3D Vectors, 4D Vectors, 3x3 Matrix, 4x4 Matrix, Color, and Quaternions. The 2D Vectors, 3D Vectors, 4D Vectors, and Color all have linear and hermit spline interpolation. Also, the vectors handle easy/advanced colli ...(description truncated)

UltimaX Terrain Texture GeneratorUltimaX Terrain Texture GeneratorVB 6.0Advanced /
533 since
2/3/2015 10:32:00 AM

By 2 Users

This will take a height map, lower altitude map, and a higher altitude map and blend them. It will output a rough map thats used for CLOD terrain engine, a shade map, a blend map, and a shaded blend map. For more information read the readme.txt. If you ha ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 22 of 22 found

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel