Other Entries by Daniel W. Elkins (from psc cd)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 10 of 10 found
  Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

_ Remote File Manager __ Remote File Manager _VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Daniel W. Elkins (from psc cd)
6104 since
2/4/2015 9:33:00 PM

By 41 Users

This client/server program allows you to remotely manage files on another computer via Winsock. It includes: upload file, download file, delete file, remove directory, get file information, and execute file. I've seen alot of these programs on here but th ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

_P2P Pro_ (Chat & Send Files)_P2P Pro_ (Chat & Send Files)VB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
1678 since
2/2/2015 9:13:00 AM

By 39 Users

This was a freeware program that I had on my website; but eventually removed it. It allows two users to chat and send files (of any size). This is a stand-alone application, meaning there are not two programs (client and server). The client and server are ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Complete Port ScanComplete Port ScanVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
778 since
1/31/2015 4:47:00 AM

By 6 Users

This scans a port on a range of IP addresses. It can resolve the hostnames of each IP it scans using the DNS ActiveX control (included). It formats the results and displays them in a listview control. This program is simple, and effecient [ I hope ;) ]. A ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

Computer InformationComputer InformationVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) , VBA MS Access, VBA MS ExcelBeginner /
1043 since
1/31/2015 11:36:00 PM

By 3 Users

This simply uses the built-in Environ() function to return useful information about your computer. I've found it useful in several applications that I've made. I'm sure almost everyone has learned this, but if you haven't, it's definately something you sh ...(description truncated)

Get External IPGet External IPVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
860 since
1/31/2015 9:50:00 AM

By 4 Users

This is a redo of my previous version. If you are behind a router/hub/NAT/firewall and are unable to get your "real" IP address, then you can use this simple utility. It extracts your IP address and hostname ("ISP Name") from a remote web server ("http:// ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Get Files In A DirectoryGet Files In A DirectoryVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) , VBA MS Access, VBA MS ExcelBeginner /
500 since
2/1/2015 3:35:00 AM

By 3 Users

This gets a list of files in a directory using the Dir$() function and displays them in a ListView control with their FileName, FileSize, and Path. Comments are always appreciated...:)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Pop Up BlockerPop Up BlockerVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) , VBA MS Access, VBA MS ExcelBeginner /
459 since
1/31/2015 2:25:00 PM

By 5 Users

This utility either stops or permits the Messenger service. This service, if permitted, allows users to send annoying 'Net Send' messages to your computer. I have seen tons of requests for a program like this; and even websites that are selling an applica ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Send FileSend FileVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
629 since
2/1/2015 6:53:00 AM

By 8 Users

This utility provides a quick and easy way to send files of any type or size across a LAN or internet. I've tested this out with other people over the internet, and have sent files over 600 MB without any data loss or corruption. I also added a little fea ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Stop Net Send (Pop Up) Messages!Stop Net Send (Pop Up) Messages!VB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) , VBA MS Access, VBA MS ExcelBeginner /
357 since
1/31/2015 2:31:00 PM

By 4 Users

This article tells you how to either permit or deny the sending of messages to your computer, also known as Net Sends.

Winsock TutorialWinsock TutorialVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) , VBA MS Access, VBA MS ExcelBeginner /
996 since
1/31/2015 4:19:00 PM

By 4 Users

I wrote this tutorial for beginners who have very little or no knowledge about the winsock control & client/server programming. I tried to explain things the best I could; so hopefully by after reading this tutorial you'll be on your way to making more ad ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 10 of 10 found

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel